Feb 7, 2018: Application Deadline
Feb 12, 2018: Letters of Recommendation Due (submit here)
Feb 12, 2018: Invitations to Interview Will be Sent
Feb 16, 2018: Interviews
Mar 9, 2018: Notification of Acceptance
Mar 23, 2018: Student Acceptance Reply Deadline
Mar 30, 2018: All Final Notifications Sent
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
4 - 6 p.m. (with an information overview at 5 p.m.)
Martin Colloquium Room, 4th Floor Sennott Square
View details and registration information »
Informational Phone Sessions
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 12 noon EST
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST
Who Is Eligible?
In order to be eligible for a stipend, LEND Leadership Trainees must be United States citizens and cannot be receiving any other type of financial support from University departments or national, federally-funded programs. Special considerations may apply.
Applicants should be able to:
- Have availability on Wednesdays from 9a.m. to 4p.m.
- Demonstrate an interest in working with children with special health care needs and their families
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Fit one of the following:
- Graduate students and pre- and post-doctoral students in professions related to Maternal and Child Health (audiology, communication disorders, dentistry, psychology, early intervention, education, medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, public health, and social work)
- Practicing professionals in one of the aforementioned fields
- A family member or parent of a child with a disability, or someone who has experienced disability within their own life, and who is looking to expand their knowledge and experience with leadership
- Submit a completed application with all accompanying materials
Students enrolled in graduate or post-graduate programs for the academic year 2017-2018, as full or part-time students, may apply. Students from diverse backgrounds and students with disabilities are encourage to apply, as are family members and self advocates looking to enhance their leadership skills and advance in their knowledge of advocacy.
What Do I Need To Apply?
- Completed online application including an essay (< 500 words)
- 3 letters of recommendation (online)
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- Unofficial graduate program transcript
- to date or final; required for applicants who have already completed a graduate degree or who are enrolled in a graduate program
The application must be completed online. All other materials can be submitted electronically or mailed to:
The LEND Center of Pittsburgh
Children’s Hospital Office Building
3414 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2583
Coordinator: Amy Wetmore
Phone: 412-692-6538 or 412-692-7951